"The best laid schemes o' Mice an' Men, / Gang aft agley." ― Robert Burns, "To a Mouse"
This project started back in September 2021 with a few Protagonist NFTs and a simple Discord bot, on the Grocery Store Game server, actually. We've made slow but steady progress since then, and have a lot planned. No dates are provided for the roadmap, since they are highly variable. (Consider them Soon™.)
A list of milestones so far, since we launched.
09/28/21- Arcadian Bot launch! (Basic of basics: reading wallets and running solos.)
12/22/21- Equipment system. (Adventurer's Set 1 cards released and equippable.)
01/26/22- Leveling system. (XP and levels, along with class changes.)
02/22/22- Travel system. (With
03/21/22- Protagonist arc69. (Semi-automatically updated.)
04/07/22- Official announcement of Arcadian beta. (Levels will be reset.)
04/11/22- Hero King's Set 2 cards released. (Still in stock.)
04/14/22- Status system. (Consumables and Notifications.)
05/22/22- All Twelve Protagonist Races released. (Not the end of supply, but a milestone.)
(This list only includes major game updates, not all of the events and smaller announcements in between.)
Arcadian Bot has come a long way, but it is far from finished. These are some of the milestone updates that we have planned.
- Caravan System. Split up your party and travel separately; even with other players!
- Scenario System. Cool scenarios such as quests, reactive to your ASAs and status.
- In-World Events. Pop-up boss raid? Traveling merchants?
- Discord Interactions. Slash commands, buttons, fancy embeds, everything.
- Shop System. Automated bot transactions for items and cards.
- Combat System. PvE as well as PvP.
- Resource & Crafting System. Collect and craft your own items.
Meanwhile, the Bot is not all. The Art/NFT and Community side of things is real.
- Gen 2 Protagonists. Details TBA.
- More Lore. Pieces that need to be fleshed out, and some that need to be presented.
- Additional Cards. More sets, as well as Cards to go with Combat and Crafting.
- More Events. As always, fun stuff like Story Campaigns and Competitions.
Some of the more long-term and/or uncertain goals of the project. These are not guaranteed, but they are things that we would like to see.
- A browser version of Arcadian Tales, fully compatible with the Discord bot.
- Bot-run dungeons mini-campaigns, featuring player-crafted scenarios.
- Simple merchandise.
As always, we aim to deliver quality content. However, the specifics are often a matter of circumstance.